January/February Newsletter: Vol. 14, Issue 1
Click here to download/save a copy of this newsletter.
The Annual HOA meeting will take place on Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 6:30pm in the Clubhouse.
Two Board positions expire and we will vote on these new Board members at this meeting. If you are interested in running for a Board position please submit your name, contact information and a brief bio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important homeowner information will be discussed. Please remember we need a quorum to vote. Please attend the meeting or return your proxy card to the office.
New Residents: Welcome to the community.
Complete your Resident Information Packet to obtain access to amenity keys and important resident information (including Rules & Regulations) . Important HOA news can be found on the website: www.canyonclubcondos.org
The Canyon Club Office is currently closed. The best way to reach the office for general questions is by email: email@example.com.
Effective March 1, 2019: Checks will not be accepted nor processed through the Canyon Club office. All payments and questions (HOA dues, fines, etc.) should be directed to LCM: 303.221.1117. Payments can be mailed to:
Canyon Club HOA
C/O LCM Property Management
PO Box 5568
Denver, CO 80217-5568
Include your 4 or 5 digit account number on your check.
SAVE THE DATE: Annual Canyon Club Shred Event. Saturday – May 4, 2019
Contact Canyon Club HOA: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save or Shred: How Long to Keep Documents
Even though we live in a digital age, paperwork still overwhelms many of us. Bank statements, tax returns, bills, paystubs: It can be confusing to know what to keep and what can be safely disposed of.
The good news? You can probably get rid of more documents than you think — and most of what you should keep can be scanned and stored digitally.
Remember: When you get rid of personalized documents, delete the digital versions and shred paper ones. Never toss important documents in the trash or recycling; they’re prime targets for identity thieves.
- Car: Loan documents: keep until you pay off your car. Title: Keep until you sell your car.
- Home: Keep mortgage documents and major home improvement receipts indefinitely.
- Finances; debit and credit card receipts: Keep until you’ve checked them against your monthly statement. Bank and retirement plan statements: Keep quarterly statements until you receive your year-end statement; keep paper or digital copies of annual statements for at least 7 years after you retire or close the account.
- Investments: Keep purchase receipts until you sell the investments; if your year-end statement includes this information, keep statements instead.
- Tax Returns (1040 forms, etc.): Keep printed or digital copies of returns indefinitely. Supporting documents (receipts, W-2s, bank interest forms, etc. ): Keep for 7 years. Encrypt digital copies on your computer or keep them on a secure USB drive.
Canyon Club counts on our residents to help keep us informed of issues in our community.
You are our eyes and ears. If you have concerns, questions or suggestions for maintenance please communicate them through the HOA office by sending an email to email@example.com. Maintenance emergencies must be called into the maintenance emergency line at 720-385-8158.
Cold Weather Reminder: Please use caution when accessing stairs and sidewalks. Remember, areas can be wet or ice covered. Please follow all winter storm parking guidelines so we can keep the roadways clear.
Winter snowstorm parking procedures:
- 1st day of storm: Park on the south and east sides of the street
- 2nd day of storm: Park on the north and west sides of the street Storms are not an excuse to park in the “No Parking” areas or yellow marked streets, curbs or fire lanes.
- We have salt buckets all around the property for anybody to use on icy areas, please use sparingly a little goes a long way.
What Maintenance has completed:
- Straightening and resetting edging that has been smashed down or has popped up.
- Cleaned out islands in front of 124 and 166, cleaned out rocks and repurposed throughout the property, added soil to help cover roots, laid down new weed fabric and covered with mulch
- Replaced a few hundred broken or damaged fence pickets
- Moved the stop sign in front of 175 forward about 15’ so that when stopped at it you can see down the street.
- Replaced the two main stop signs.
- Painted all maintenance, storage, and laundry room doors to match all the other doors
- Ground down high spots on the sidewalks to help mitigate trip hazards.
- Cleaned out and reorganized the loft area of the clubhouse and maintenance storage room by unit 66.
PET WASTE IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY:
Pick-up after your pets or incur a fine. It could be your pet that tracks waste into your home so be kind and just do it! PICK IT UP!
To be added to the email distribution list please send an email from the account you wish to subscribe with to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Subscribe Me to Mailing List”. We will not share your information. This is the best way to stay informed.
Rules & Regulations: available on the website or from the office – it is your responsibility to know and follow these rules & regulations. “I did not know” is not an excuse.
Attend the HOA meetings to hear about all community topics and projects.
BUDGET QUESTIONS – Your monthly dues are used for all community issues including but not limited to:
• General Maintenance/Sewer/ Pest control
• Pool/Hot Tub/Fitness Center
• Game room & Game spot
• Landscape /Snow Removal/ Mowing
• Concrete and Asphalt
• Gas, electric, water, sewage, storm drains, recycle & trash
• Accounting and Legal
• Insurance/ Office / Employee expenses
Timely payments keep our community projects and expenses on track.
RECYCLE your waste, save the planet and help keep costs lower. please remember trash cannot go into the recycle bins. If trash is put in these bins it contaminates the recycle material and then it all must to the trash.
Large item pick-up is $15 per item and must be called into the office and payment made before items will be collected.